The closest I can get to a website.

Friday, July 27, 2007

Summer

Man, Summer is here, and it's been great. Working at the Jazz Festival, going to the amazing Bluesfest, being Demetrius in Midsummer Night's Dream, chilling with lots of great people... you can see why I haven't posted in a LONG time. Still, my apologies to all the avid readers of this blog, who probably won't even bother to read this now. Oh my, I'm leaving to work or volunteer (not entirely sure which yet) at Camp Misquah on Monday for a week, which should be great, although there's certain people I'll miss. I hope you all made it out to the two aforementioned music festivals, as both were amazing, with some unforgettable shows (The White Stripes, DJ Champion, Final Fantasy, The Conga Kings, Gogol Bordello, The Neville Brothers... the list goes on). I know I had my doubts about my Jazz Festival internship, but it turned out to be the best job I have yet to undertake. The office work may have been tedious and repetitive, but once the festival started; in between spilling garbage on myself, meeting amazing people, and watching jazz, all I had to do was sit back and be an old sleeping man named Dusty (or so I'm told). The Blues Festival was everything I expected, and more, I'd go over all the concerts I loved, but that would take forever, so honestly, if you want to know about any shows I see this Summer, feel free to ask. Needless to say, after this month of music festivals I am suffering somewhat of a withdrawal. This will eventually be quenched when I go to Osheaga in Montreal in September to see the likes of Stars, Feist, and perhaps most exciting Damien fucking Rice. Hey Zeuss! Man, after this rather formal post, I think I'll leave you of with some poetry/short story anecdote thingy, whatever you call them. Have a good Summer if it takes me months to post again, which I'll try to prevent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home